southwest heat, chipotle smokiness
salty sweet potato fries
sorry, i got distracted. where were we?
one big mess of deliciousness
corn, black beans, onion, a little zip from the jalapeno, smeared with a chipotle greek yogurt
yup, i said Greek Yogurt… aka. dive in and don’t look back.
Happy Hump Day! Woo! Perfect time to start planning the weekend. The temperature has dropped a little bit here in Chicago and of course, we are trying to savor every little bit of summer we have left. Although, we don’t have to worry about losing all of the good stuff once fall hits!
how about a few things to look forward to in the fall:
perfect sleeping weather with the windows opened
skinny jeans, flats & a light sweater
frye boots & vests
football & beer
apple cider anything
burgers burgers burgers – oh yes, & let’s not forget those sweet potato fries
toppings: the best part
and of course, a few favorite grilling essentials:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 0% fat
- 4 chili peppers in adobo sauce, minced, seeds discarded
- juice of one lime
- a pinch of fresh lime zest
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb. ground turkey meat
- olive oil
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds discarded & finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup corn kernels (fresh or thawed)
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- a pinch of kosher salt
- a pinch of ground cumin
- sliced tomato
- sliced avocado
- swiss cheese (optional)
- serve with sweet potato fries (optional - but I'd do a must)
- In a large skillet, saute onion and a big drizzle of olive oil until onion starts to soften. Add jalapeno, beans, corn, minced garlic, salt and cumin. Once warmed through, remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, fold in mixture to turkey meat. Form into fist-sized balls. Set aside.
- Heat grill or cast iron skillet with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook turkey burgers, roughly 6-7 minutes a side, until cooked through.
- If topping with cheese, place slice of cheese on top of burger until just slightly melted.
- Remove from heat and build burgers, topping as you like.
- Chipotle Greek Yogurt Spread: combine all ingredients in a small glass bowl. Set aside until burgers are cooked and plated. Enjoy!