Almost 6 months have passed since our baby girl made her debut. Sweet Baby Tess arrived 3 weeks early, stealing our hearts completely! Ever since, life has been one wonderful whirlwind. (albeit, with a lot less sleep).
(You can see a few updates of Miss Tess from my instagram account.)
Over the past few months, our lives haven’t been on quite the schedule we are used to. But baby Tess has been training us well and is starting to get on her own napping, eating and sleeping schedule. (Enter ‘hands up celebrating’ emoji here.) During the quiet moments in our condo when our sweet little lady is getting her beauty sleep, I have been able to find time to focus back on “A Toast…” as well as occasionally hop on the treadmill, and work on a few other fun home projects.
To name a few, I have been:
- learning to prep things on Sunday and when I have time during the week (i.e. when some little girl is napping)
- utilizing the grill as much as possible
- being very selective with what I pick up from the grocery, as I now have a little travel buddy coming along with me (and pushing a stroller AND a grocery cart isn’t possible).
- keeping my grocery bill on a tight budget and being creative with the ingredients I currently have at home – what’s in the freezer/pantry/in my vegetable drawer
- from time to time, use recipes that a few of my favorite chefs and publications have perfected to make my life easier
- planting and maintaining fresh herbs that I have planted out back of our home for easy access and to save money
More to come:
- Cooking tips and quick toss together recipes for busy moms and those who are tired of spending too much time in the kitchen
- Simple yet elegant entertaining tips that won’t consume your entire day with prep
- Children’s meal recipes
To sum it up, I’m focusing more on efficiency and the end result, so I have more time to toast to the good life with the people I love the most.
Ok, I’m off!