Sometimes the simplest dinners are the most delicious and satisfying.
Maybe it’s because you don’t break the bank by their ingredients…
Maybe it’s because these are usually made with ingredients you often have on hand, therefore thoroughly enjoy regardless of the time of day…
Maybe it’s because when you’re starving after a busy day at work, you are looking for something quick, filling but not too filling, healthy and thoroughly pallet appealing…
Eggs are my favorite go-to for simple and delicious dinners when I don’t want to break the bank. They are low in calorie (75 calories each) and high in protein (7 grams). I like that combo! They also only contain iron, vitamins, minerals and much more. (Plus, they are low in cost!! How is this anything but a ‘win’.)
For more encouragement, read this article.
I also veer towards eggs for dinner because my weeks get busy. Heck, everyone’s weeks get busy. And sometimes the grocery store isn’t always on the way home.
In the past there was fear about eggs and high-cholesterol being linked, but recently, this has been proven to be mostly a myth.
2 days until the weekend… let’s keep that clean eating going!
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 2 Tbl freshly chopped parsley
- 2 Tbl. freshly grated parmesan
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and soaked in cold water for 20 minutes
- 2-4 eggs (depending on if you want to serve one or two eggs per person)
- kosher salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- In small glass bowl, toss together panko crumbs, garlic and a drizzle of olive
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add panko mixture to toast. Keep an eye on panko mixture, stirring occasionally with rubber spatula, until panko mixture is toasted lightly. Remove from heat and pour into glass bowl.
- Once cooled slightly, toss with parsley and parmesan. Set aside.
- Heat grill pan over medium high heat
- Tossed asparagus in a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Grill on grill pan.
- While asparagus is grilling, heat 2 Tbl. olive oil in medium/large non-stick skillet.
- Once hot, break one egg into large skillet. Let settle and start cooking. On opposite end, break 2nd egg. Allow to cook and bubble.
- When mostly cooked, sprinkle with a small bit of kosher salt.
- Once asparagus are done cooking, plate on serving plate. Sprinkle with panko parsley parmesan mixture. Top with an egg over easy. Season with freshly grated pepper.
- Serve and enjoy